Pride and Prejudice
A stage play adaptation by K. Rooney
“The die is cast”…and so is the play.
CHARACTER ACTOR’S NAME
· Mr Bennet John Moore
· Mrs Bennett Nichaud Stringer
· Elizabeth Bennet Georgia Campbell
· Jane Bennet Saari Frochot-Chauhan
· Mary Bennet Lucy Grimes
· Kitty Bennet Tahlia Cook
· Lydia Bennet Sarah Osborne
· Sir William, a neighbour - -
· Mrs Gardiner, an aunt Emily Calder
· Mr Gardiner, an uncle Zeljko Vanis
· Mr Collins, a cousin --
· Mr Wickham Bevan Madden
· Mr Denny Jacob Baird
· Charlotte Lucas Amelia Mason
THE FITPATRICK FAMILY
· Mr Darcy Zach Fitzpatrick
· Miss Fitzpatrick, Darcy’s sister --
· Lady Catherine De Bough Sharon Newth
· Miss De Bough, her daughter --
· Colonel Fitzwilliam, Darcy’s friend --
THE BIGLEY FAMILY
· Mr Charles Bingley Jake Russell
· Miss Caroline Bingley, his sister Isobel Kingdon
· Housekeeper/Maid Barb Billings
· Maid //Dancer Donna Spillman
· Butler. /Dancer James Wight
· Maid/Dancer Glenys Tatti
But we are still needing a few vital roles so if you feel inspired to apply, fill in the form at the bottom of the page, and we will endeavour to have you read for us
From Geoff Collishaw, Synchronicity Co-Founder and local wit: “Elizabeth Bennet falls for Mr Darcy and he falls for her. But it’s a Jane Austen novel, so it’s going to take a long time before they get together.”
It is a truth universally acknowledged…. that Austen writes the best romantic dramas. Take a step back into the regency era with us as we explore the Austen masterpiece, Pride and Prejudice. With dancing, regimental uniforms and of course all of those great Austen one liners, this will be one of our largest cast plays yet. Very exciting!
Directed by local director, Wendy Collishaw who recently finished the sold out season of Agatha Christie’s classic whodunit Mousetrap.
Cast needed: Approx. 5M 10F and a chorus of adults and children (some doubling of roles may occur depending on numbers)See character descriptions below.
All scheduled events @ The JB Osborne Theatre Olympic Parade, Kangaroo Flat
Information Session: April 26th @7pm. An over-view of the season, cast description, expectations, scheduling and more!
Auditions: Saturday April 27th & Sunday April 28th by appointment
Casting Announcement: May 8th (via email and then website).
(Performances of Vicar of Dibley May 10-19)
P&P play read through and recording: Thursday May 23rd
Rehearsals begin Monday 27th May. with a blocking description, continuing Thursdays & Mondays @7pm according to a schedule
Preview Performance: (TBA)
Performances: 15th-18th , 23rd - 24th August (5 evening / 2 matinee)